Tuesday, May 5, 2009

40 Days of Prayer

I am not going to say to much but rather direct you to Ben Simpson's page and post since he was the one who first felt the promptings from God to engage in this campaign. Check it out here.

Suffice it to say that a bunch of younger clergy have banded together and committed to pray over 40 days for the United Methodist Church and that God would work within us for rebirth and renewal to strengthen our witness of Jesus Christ.

I will be an author of one of the prayers and am excited to join this group and encourage anyone here to please check out the campaign and think about joining us in prayer. I am excited to have Jared Morey (a friend from MN and spouse of one of my colleagues Rachel) and David Hollis (a friend from my time at Duke Divinity School) as committed prayer partners during this time.

Anyway it kicks off on May 18th!

No comments: